Structural Engineer Home Improvements

If you're looking to carry out renovation improvements to your house in Sydney, talk to a structural engineer first. A licensed engineer can help you through the process of determining whether your project is in need of engineering services.

Why You Need A Structural CONSULTANT Engineer For House RENOVATION IMPROVEMENTS?

Once you decide to make improvements or undertake a remodel that involves the stability of the home, a structural engineer will be necessary. Engaging the services of an engineer will enable you to provide the plans to the contractor or architect. This will include structural drawings and calculations to be used during the construction process. This will also ensure your home improvements are being done to current Australian standards and that they meet all necessary regulations.

Some house improvements that require the services of a structural engineer include second storey additions, removing and altering internal walls, retaining walls, underpinning and decks.

A general rule to know whether or not you should hire an engineer for your project is to assume that anything that requires a change to the structure of your property should be reviewed by a structural engineer. 

Are you looking to add more rooms to your house? Or perhaps you want to expand your living areas? A structural engineer has the specialised skills needed to ensure the strength and durability of your property in the renovatation process. They provide specifications and calculations for the design as well as recommend building materials.

FInd an Engineer near you

Click on your region to find your local structural engineer